Thursday, December 20, 2012

[android-developers] Re: Android example code and Apache 2.0 licence

saladbowl wrote:
If I copy a few lines here and there (but not entire functions/files) from example code on the Android Developers site and the samples, modify them and use them in my commercial project, I assume as they are licensed under Apache 3.0 that my work will be a derivative I need to provide some sort of attribution?. Also, what do I do about my copyright header at the top of the file?. 

I want to be 100% legit but I am really confused - surely when you use a framework you have to use bits and pieces from samples to help you? however, I don't see anyone else attributing (not that this is necessarily right).

Please help me understand!.

Are you asking a bunch of programmers for legal advice?

Do you ask medical advice of ballet dancers, too?

-- 
Lew
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment