Saturday, January 5, 2013

[android-developers] Re: Wifi lock with WIFI_MODE_SCAN_ONLY

i am facing the same issue. plz let me know if find answer

On Monday, April 25, 2011 11:07:16 AM UTC+5:30, seema wrote:
Hello All,

           Here is what I do to scan on wifi while connected to 3G.

WifiLock wifiLock =
wifiService.createWifiLock(WifiManager.WIFI_MODE_SCAN_ONLY,
"MyLock");

        if(!wifiLock.isHeld()){
            wifiLock.acquire();
        }

        if(wifiService.isWifiEnabled() == false){
             wifiService.setWifiEnabled(true);
         }

Is my usage of WIFI_MODE_SCAN_ONLY is correct. It did not work for me.
When I enable Wifi, it automatically connects to the remembered
network. I just want to scan but not connect.

Regards,
Seema

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment