Wednesday, January 23, 2013

[android-developers] sync directly with google accounts

My app needs persistent references to various contacts.  Ideally, ContactsContract would include a UUID for each contact which would persist and be the same on each device.  Since there doesn't appear to be any such UUID, the next thing I am considering is to get a persistent id from the primary store.  I'm open to another solution if anyone has a suggestion.
 
If I access the primary store, I presume the mechanism would be a sync adapter that reads from some Google server and updates a db private to my app.   Is this possible, and if so, where do I find documentation on how to interface with such server.
 
Ultimately, I would have to do this for all contact hosts (or pick the most popular ones).  I also need the same thing for calendar events, tasks, and email.  I thought it would be good to start with investiagting the feasibility with Google contacts.
 
Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment