Saturday, February 9, 2013

[android-developers] problem getting Google API V1 key

I have an app that uses Google maps API v1 that I'm trying to generate a release version for.  I'm having a problem getting the MD5 Fingerprint I need for my google release key.

I have a Debug google api v1 key that I got back when I began writing the app.  Everything works fine in debug mode.

To sign the app I created a keystore file by running the following command...

keytool -genkey -v -keystore DBAPhoneStalker-release-key.keystore -alias myAlias -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

Then I exported the release .apk from eclipse, put it on my phone and it runs very well (once I learned how to bypass ProGuard) execept, of course, the map tiles don't show on the MapView because I'm running with the debug Google maps key.

So now I want to get an MD5 fingerprint, so I run the following command

keytool -list -alias myAlias -keystore DBAPhoneStalker-release-key.keystore

After entering my password, the keystore program proceeds to give me an SHA fingerprint!!  I need an MD5 fingerprint.  Why is this happening?

BTW, I'm following th docs at https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/android/v1/mapkey


Thanks, Gary

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment