Wednesday, March 6, 2013

[android-developers] Emulator

    Hello Everyone,
  I'm not sure if this is possible but I thought about it in a dream last night....
I know that at this point that I am not capable, but I thought with all you smart people out there and all the energy I see around Android, somebody might be able to design an app just for developers. I call it the Termulator (Emulator Terminator)! OK maybe it came to me in a nightmare not a dream. Probably due to weeks of testing my app with the Emulator on an under-powered PC. OK here it is: 
  Would it be possible to design an app that runs on say a Nexus7 (or the largest device you are targeting) that allows testing of all the screen sizes/densities/orientations/version levels/resolutions/long/notlong/ etc.? I can only imagine that if the Emulator can do this on a PC then it ought to be possible on a native device such as a tablet. Imagine, testing all those configurations without the Emulator! Hey, I think the Emulator is a marvel in itself and I blame my PC performance for many of my woes. But after I got my Nexus7 and USB'd it to the SDK I started to really get frustrated with the performance of the old Emulator. Unfortunately, my largest audience is on the smaller devices and I certainly can't afford to keep all of those different sized devices on hand. Imagine testing with a real device; I'm dreaming quad-core 1.2 GHz CPU, GPU, all the sensors, multi-touch screen, a gig of RAM, WiFi, Bluetooth... well you get the idea... developers paradise! Please tell me this is possible! Even better please let me know when I can purchase it! 
Thanks for indulging...
Ron

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment