Monday, May 27, 2013

[android-developers] Networked "Bitmap" used in Search provider

I have a suggestions provider successfully hooked into the search widget showing results from my data that is stored on the network (and pulled to the device). That data includes an icon in addition to some string data. In my search activity, I can show both the label/text information as well as the drawable bitmap that I downloaded and have cached in ram locally in a service instance.

I'd like to show that icon in the suggestions list along side the label text. I tried using SUGGEST_COLUMN_ICON_1 with the drawable passed in the record but that didn't work - the Suggestions code needs either a resource id, a uri to a file, or content ("scheme_content"?). I know I don't have the first two. Is there a way to create a content provider (presumably something that I can hand off to the Suggestion apis) from a bitmap drawable?

Thanks,

Brian

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment