Saturday, May 11, 2013

[android-developers] Re: Problem on Android 4.2 with screen-on wakelocks

I found a way to turn the screen off but it requires Admin privilege. I used DevicePolicyManager.lockNow().

More here: http://marakana.com/s/post/1291/android_device_policy_administration_tutorial

On Saturday, April 20, 2013 1:15:20 AM UTC+3, sebouh00 wrote:
I have the following goal in my application. I want to wake the phone up and turn the screen on for 1 second from within my service and let the phone go back to sleep. I would like to do this in intervals throughout the day. The sole purpose of this is that turning the screen on will update the cell network data for some devices. I use this data in my application to execute some actions based on the cell id.

I've used the following approach successfully on earlier releases of Android: acquire a wakelock with ACQUIRE_CAUSES_WAKEUP and SCREEN_DIM_WAKE_LOCK flag with a timeout of 1000 ms.

When this executes, the screen goes on for 1 sec and then switches off. The problem is on 4.2 the screen stays on until the user-set display timeout expires, even though I've release the wakelock. I have tested this several times on several devices running 4.2.2 and 4.2.1. I would appreciate some advise on how to do this. I understand that the SCREEN_DIM_WAKE_LOCK is deprecated, but I have not found any other means of achieving this.

Thank you,
Sebouh.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment