Sunday, July 21, 2013

[android-developers] Best way to save user's avatar

Hi all,
I am creating an app that user can communication with other friends (IM app, send message, card, ...), so user have provide user's profile like id, name, avatar.
My question is: what is the best way to save friend's avatar to make local contact list for my app?

I created a local database for saving contact information, synchronize with a remote database on my server. In my app, can I save avatars into:
(1) SQLite database?
(2) SDcard?
(3) App cache?

Android Contacts app use Contacts Storage to store contact's avatar, I dont know what implemented inside.

I saw other apps like Whatsapp,  wechat, line, zalo, ... do not save avatars on SDcard, so where are avatars when contact list has many contacts (>100).

Hope you can help, thanks.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment