Tuesday, August 13, 2013

[android-developers] Re: Camera + GLSurfaceView frame rate

Hi,

What camera preview frame rate are you using ? I think you might be able to adjust this between at least 2 values, 15fps & maybe 30fps options.

Are you converting YUV to JPG camera preview frames ? If yes you will need to try to make this conversion as efficient as possible for good fps.

Regards 

On Monday, August 12, 2013 8:55:03 PM UTC+10, Miles Egan wrote:
I've set up a very minimal app that captures video frames from the camera and dumps them directly to a GLSurfaceView via a SurfaceTexture. This works fine but the frame rate is poor on both a Galaxy S3 and a Nexus 4. In the latter case I can't get better than about 10fps even when I don't do anything at all in my actual GL render callback.

I can post actual code but before I dig much further than this I'd just like to know if I should be able to get better frame rates than this or if this is the best I should expect. There are camera apps in the store like Camera 2 that are much smoother than this but maybe they're using the NDK + lower level APIs to achieve this?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment