Sunday, August 4, 2013

[android-developers] Re: in-app purchase of another app?

BTW, my suggestion assumes that all the app versions use the same code base and are the same app. If you made 3 distinct apps, of course that wouldn't work for you :)

On Sunday, August 4, 2013 10:28:57 AM UTC+3, Piren wrote:
why not just have 3 options to buy in the In App purchase:
 - Lite to Pro Upgrade
 - Lite to Full Upgrade
 - Full To Pro Upgrade.

You control which versions appear to each client according to their current version...With proper pricing, you might even consider everyone to upgrade to Pro directly (make it so upgrading Lite to Pro costs less than upgrading using the two other options instead of costing exactly the same)


On Saturday, August 3, 2013 12:07:46 AM UTC+3, Steve Gabrilowitz wrote:
I have an app that has been in the play store for a while with 2 different flavors:  an ad funded free version and an ad-free version with all the exact same features.  Now I am adding a bunch of new features and want to make a 3rd flavor so that users can choose whether they want to pay extra for the extra functionality.  The question here comes how to handle my current customers of the "lite" version, I want to give them an upgrade opportunity and not make them pay full price for the "pro" version.  Way back when I started working on the "pro" features what I had planned to do was to have those folks who wanted to upgrade just buy the pro version normally, and I would give them a partial refund.  But now "pro" is almost ready for release and Google has taken away my ability to issue a partial refund, and even my ability to look up an order by name or e-mail (I HATE that, WHY did they do that?)

What would be ideal would be if I could allow them to purchase the pro version from the play store at a discount if they do it via an in-app purchase from within the "lite" version.  Is such a thing possible?  If so, can I get a pointer or 2 on how to implement it or if not then any other ideas on how to accomplish my objective?

Thanks

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment