Monday, April 21, 2014

[android-developers] Nexus 4 windows 8.1 can't install google adb driver.

When trying to install the driver for my n4 in MTP mode, windows reports "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems."

The problem happens with revision 9 of the driver. I used to be able to install in MTP mode without problem, but now windows won't let me. Is there something accidentally missing from the driver file that I have to wait for google to fix, or is there something I can do to make this work?

I also tried Koush's universal adb driver. It installs fine, but I do not see my device in the output of adb devices with this driver.

It seems to work just fine and dandy if I put the device in PTP mode, but that limits my ability to transfer files onto most parts of my device.

What happened and how can I fix it?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment