Friday, May 21, 2010

[android-developers] Handling Unsupported Content Types in WebView

My app uses WebView to display most of its content, which it receives
from various remote sources. One of the pages I load has a link to a
URL that returns a PDF. The url gives no indication that it is a PDF.
Only the response content type shows it. Since webview does not appear
capable of displaying PDF's, the app does nothing when a user clicks
on this link.

I would expect there to be some method in WebViewClient that I can
override to catch this, but I can't seem to find one. onReceivedError
is not called. I don't believe anything else is.

Is there a way I can detect this and other unsupported content types
so I can at least display an error or do something? Right now the app
just does nothing, which is not acceptable.

Thanks!

Jeff

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment