Saturday, May 15, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Development Phone

Thanks for the replies.

So I won't need a so called 'rooted' phone for development? I am
using Eclipse and my program has an NDK component. Pardon my
ignorance, but exactly how does the communication with the phone take
place (USB?). Will I be able to debug my application on the actual
phone?

I am currently a Verizon customer, but I am not sure I want to sign up
for a new 2 year plan just to get a development phone.

Thanks again.


On May 15, 7:38 am, Carlos Silva <r3...@r3pek.org> wrote:
> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 15:15, John Gaby <jg...@gabysoft.com> wrote:
> > I am about to reach the point in my development where I need to work
> > with a real phone, and am trying to figure out what to get.  If I were
> > to get a droid or droid incredible phone from Verizon will I be able
> > to use that phone for development.  What about Google's Nexus One?
> > What are my other options?
>
> Unless you are doing ROM development, you don't need a real dev phone, any
> phone will work.
>
> I would go for a Nexus
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Android Developers" group.
> To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment