Friday, May 14, 2010

Re: [android-developers] How to scan Access Points and select strongest signal?

Donald,

Yes, your algorithm is correct. Only add network from the scan list to the known list if not already there.

As for scanning on the move, take a look at wake locks.

14 мая, 2010 5:35 PM пользователь "Donal Rafferty" <draffo3@gmail.com> написал:

Thanks again Kostya,

I have downloaded your app and had a look, its very nice, the widget will come in very handy for my testing!

I was aware of the "known" versus as is quotes.

My problem is for my app to work I need it to scan for AP's when the device is on the move.

So it should scan, find a new AP that has the highest RSSI in the area and connect to that.

The problem is I can only connect to a "known" or already configured AP and not one resulting from a scan.

So would I be correct in saying that I need to do the following?

Scan
Get the highest RSSI
Compare the SSID of this AP to the Wifi Config list
If its in the Wifi config list then connect
If its not then add a new access point (As a configured AP)
Get the id of the newly added AP and connect


On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Kostya Vasilyev <kmansoft@gmail.com> wrote: > > Donal, > > I think...

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group...

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment