Monday, September 20, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Anyone else ever submitted to Motorola Shop4Apps? I did and so far it seems dismal - share your experience?

I posted one of my most popular apps on Shop4Apps China a few months
ago. Sadly, I have yet to make even 1 sale. Granted, the app is in
English so I would not expect it to be anywhere near as popular in
China as it is here, but I did expect to sell at least a few.

Shop4Apps, as well as Motorola's "App Accelerator" program, have both
been colossal wastes of my time.

Cheers,
Steve


On Sep 20, 1:08 pm, niko20 <nikolatesl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So a long time ago before Moto supported paid apps in Shop4Apps I had
> submitted one of my apps - it was a paid app but that was before I
> knew they didn't support devs getting paid yet. So I asked them to
> remove all my apps.
>
> A few weeks ago I found out that they now supported getting paid thru
> paypal, so you could sell your apps in China. So I resubmitted my
> apps.
>
> Unfortunately the only bad thing is it's like putting your app in a
> black hole. You really don't get any stats! Once a week they update
> your download count. And right now the download count is China only
> (even though Shop4Apps supports Mexico and Brazil as well). So far my
> download count shows as "7". This is for an app the gets bought over
> 40 times a day on the Android market.
>
> Wow - a whopping 7 so far, so this really still feels like a waste of
> time just like when I originally got into it.
>
> I still think because of this that alternative markets are never going
> to pan out - because for one, people don't seem to know about them,
> and for two, the companies that run the alternative market don't even
> provide the same level of information that Google does - even though
> we as devs complain that Google needs to provide more stats, better
> stats, it still seems they are ahead of the other market providers.
> Like I said, for motodev, it's like your app just disappears. You just
> "hope" that after a month, or up to 90 days, that you get some money
> for it somehow.
>
> Has anyone else here posted their app to Shop4Apps and would you be
> willing to share your current experience? I'm wondering if it's time
> to get back out of their store AGAIN.
>
> I also read that many people were concerned that since it's for China
> you won't get many sales anyway since they pirate everything over
> there instead.
>
> Well, just venting - misery loves company. I already make good sales
> on Android Market but obviously the more markets available (more
> countries) the better your results should be..
>
> -niko

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment