Sunday, September 12, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Asynctask and database lock

You will have to disable all functionality where the database can be
accessed while it's being updated. That means trapping the Search
button.

On Sep 12, 5:50 am, "Kim D." <kdame...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> My problem is about asynctask and database lock.
>
> I have an asynctask which does a full restore (from an amazon s3
> storage) of my database. In order to avoid any inconsistency I use a
> sqllite transaction.
> From the UI thread I display a loading message while launching this
> asynctask and was thinking It was not possible for the user to use the
> application at the same time but for example if I click on search it
> goes to the search screen of my application and then I encounter
> database lock problem...
>
> Do you have any idea how I can handle it ? (i.e. be sure the user is
> "locked" to my loading message)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Regards,
> Kim

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment