Wednesday, September 8, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Error: Application not installed

Venkat,

Do the following.

Even the eclipse uses adt tool for packaging and signing the
applications at the same time.
So either use ADT tool for packaging and signing the app or
you already have a key store specify its path while exporting the
application..it will create a signed apk for you with your keystore.\
This will solve your problem.

Thanks,
Arjun.


On Sep 8, 2:54 pm, venkata raidu <venkata.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I was getting the error "Application not installed", when I tried
> to download a simple application(developed by me).
>
> Here is the process I followed:
>
> 1. I created a simple application
> 2. Using eclipse, I exported it as an unsigned application package.
> (Android Tools/Export as an unsigned application package). This
> resulted in a .apk file.
> 3. Using keytool, I generated a keystore, with which I signed the
> application using jarsigner.
> 4. Using zipalign tool, I aligned the package.
> 5. I linked the apk file to my website, where I can download the app.
>
> I verified all the above processes.
>
> When I download the app, and tried to install, it says "Application
> not installed".
>
> I am not knowing what resulted in this error.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment