Sunday, September 12, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Every few hours Eclipse + ADT runs out of resources...

I've been assuming this was due to my verbose logging... it certainly
seems to happen more quickly when I am more verbose :-)

- Dan

On Sep 12, 2:38 pm, mmo <mmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I am developing for Android and repeatedly running and/or
> debugging an Android app in the emulator then about every two hours or
> so I get an Out-of-memory exception, occasionally also an out-of -
> resources- or out-of-GWT-handles exception. At that point one can only
> stop and restart eclipse. Apparently the ADK must be doing something
> wrong, because I have been developing with Eclipse now for 5+ years
> and I normally never see this. ADT is a really the exception here.
> Is there any setting or patch that helps top avoid this? I have
> already given it more heap space (750M) to stretch the time between
> these hickups a bit, but that approach isn't really sustainable.
>
> This is using Eclipse 3.5 (Galileo) and the Android SDK r06 running a
> FroYo AVD.
>
> Michael

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment