Thursday, September 9, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Need to communicate with android browser

What's the browser used for? Is this an embedded webApp using a
WebView.
I'm new to Android but I've needed to access some URL params from
within a WebView in my own app.

On Sep 9, 6:47 am, Kristopher Micinski <krismicin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For a while now I have been trying to communicate with the android
> browser. Let me describe my situation:
> I need to, when a user clicks views a page (downloads a page,
> actually!), be able to get the HTML content of this page, or at the
> very least, the URL of this page. I then need my app to go and do some
> work with the contents of this page.
>
> I have tried quite a bit of solutions. I tried storing info from the
> page into a cookie, but you can't access the cookie store from an
> external application (I don't think.) My app runs as a separate
> application with a service and a thread that handles a daemon which
> "scavenges" data from a number of different sources.
>
> The short version of this:
> We need to be able to "harvest" data from some sites a user visits on
> the browser. I need this to be possible, and I've heard people say
> things like "oh, just run a local proxy," but that seems a bit much,
> and I'm not sure that's even possible on the Android.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated,
> Kris

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment