Wednesday, September 15, 2010

RE: [android-developers] ACTION_IMAGE_CAPTURE intent

That is also a part of my problem. I am running in debug mode. I can see the disconnect message in the debug window occur the instant I take the picture. However Activity 3 ( the one that fired the ACTIVITY_IMAGE_CAPTURE gets the result and finishes up nicely. When that task terminates, I get the dreaded FC on the device. It should be noted that after the Disconnect message appears, even though I have several breakpoints set in Task 3 including at the very beginning of the onActivityResult(), none of them is taken, presumably because the debugger has been disconnected?

 

BTW I can tell that Task 3 is finishing properly even though the breakpoints are not being taken. You see one of the last things that Task 3 does in it’s onPause() is to save the path to the new picture in the database. When I restart after the FC, the proper image is always present. It is as if something goes haywire and even causes the debugger to get disconnected. I guess that is what the “Disconnect from local host means”

 

Again I point out that I can do iterations all day as long as I do not use the camera feature. However the instant that I use the Camera feature the App runs into trouble as soon as the Shutter is clicked on the phone.

 

THANKS MUCH FOR RESPONDING.

 


From: android-developers@googlegroups.com [mailto:android-developers@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Frank Weiss
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:26 PM
To: android-developers@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [android-developers] ACTION_IMAGE_CAPTURE intent

 

I'll compare this with similar code I have running, but meanwhile, could you run in debug and give the stack trace or at least identify the exception. That should also give you the line number in your code.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment