Wednesday, June 1, 2011

[android-developers] Is there any way to run small bits of code from a console to check simple results?

Ok, maybe that didn't make sense.... What I'm looking for, *IF* it
exists for Android/Java, is
some way to open up, say, a console, load the code, and check the
value returned by some
line in the code without having to use the AVD (which doesn't work on
my system) or build,
install on my phone, and view that way? In other words, if I only
want to check one tiny
part of the code (e.g., to see if the value I was expecting to be
returned was, in fact, what
WAS returned by [whatever]). OR, to run a simple command with test
values and see if I
get the result I expected (if not, it probably means I mis-read the
examples in the reference
page for whatever I was looking at).

Basically, just a way to run a simple command/procedure/whatever
(with, perhaps,
some test data loaded from the same console) to see if I've correctly
understood how to use it, without having to build an application
around the test.

My guess is that the answer is no, but I'm asking in the hopes that my
guess is
wrong......

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment