Friday, June 10, 2011

[android-developers] Lazy load images in a Gallery

Hi Everybody,

I been trying to implement a gallery on my app to show n number of images, where n can be a really big number. so my question is: Is there any way that I can lazy load the images in a gallery? Based on my experiments it seems that the gallery was intended for a fixed number of images.

I know how this can be accomplished using a listview or a grid, but since the gallery does not have support for attaching a scroll listener I was not able to come up with a clean way of doing this.

I am thinking that may be the only option is to extend Gallery and play with overriding the onfling, or onscroll methods, but before I wanted to know if anybody came across this need and how it was solved

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment