Wednesday, June 8, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Fonts on Android, how are they manage by the OS?

2)I guess there is no guarantee. To be certain of the font
availability, considering .ttf file size, it should be better for you
to include desired font inside /assets directory, and then load it
with something like this:

public void setFont(TextView in){
Typeface font = Typeface.createFromAsset(contx.getAssets(),
"YourFontName.ttf");
in.setTypeface(font);
}

3) it will draw another 'special char', like ? or #. You'll have to
test it extensively.

On 8 Giu, 10:07, Paolo <brand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there!
> I need some clarifications how Android uses fonts/typefaces.
>
> Questions:
> 1) my app must supported a huge lists of language so I need a font,
> which is able to match the max possible number of characters UNICODE.
> Is there in Android a font like that?
>
> 2) I have noticed that on my N1 are present many fonts on the system
> folder "fonts" Droidxxx.ttf. How can I be sure those fonts always will
> be on all Android devices like on Samsung, HTC or LG...? Is there any
> guarantee?
>
> 3) Suppose I choose a DroidXXX.ttf font as default of my app. If I
> need a particular glyph and it isn't in my chosen fonts, how does
> Android manage this situation?
>
> Please answer me ASAP.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Paolo

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment