Thursday, June 16, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Honeycomb Lag Demonstrated and Explained

The Xoom already has a user-selectable orientation lock.

On Jun 17, 10:13 am, Robert Massaioli <robertmassai...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> You are right in that I would have locked them into the slow case, but I
> guess I just find it odd that there is a slow case at all when it comes to
> orientation. So yes, I will re-consider not locking the orientation based on
> your advice. However, what would you suggest if you game should have its
> orientation locked? Let the user lock it themselves in the settings menu? Or
> maybe making an ingame setting that lets them lock the orientation in-game
> at runtime?
>
> As for fragmentation, I did not think that I was complaining about
> fragmentation but I see the point you were making there too.
>
> Also, I was not trying to say that you lied at all, nothing could be further
> from the truth, I was just letting you know what it looked like from an
> outside perspective.
>
> Finally, I am not saying that 30fps is bad, for pretty much every game it is
> a good framerate. However, it is noticeable for a user when they jump from
> 60fps to 30fps and that was what I was trying to avoid. (And I'm not even
> going to get started talking about the iPad's flaws; needless to say (but
> I'll say it anyway) I am developing for Android because I am a fan of
> Android)
>
> Said with good intent towards productive discussion,
> Robert

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment