Tuesday, June 28, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Install % not updating?

What is the ranking that everybody it talking about? I don't see any
ranking statistic on the Market App, or in the Developer Console for
either of my apps. Where do you find the ranking number?

Is it because they dont have sufficient downloads yet? My free one has
8000, which admittedly is not huge, but still...

James

http://duskjockeys.blogspot.com/
Home of Photokube Live Wallpaper

On Jun 29, 8:47 am, Zsolt Vasvari <zvasv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The ranking I see is the same as what the users see as I check it on a
> device I am not a user on.
>
> I am very familiar with my ranking and my competitors'.  The EXACT
> same apps that hadn't dropped in the ranking the last time this was
> going on (in April/May?) hadn't dropped this time aroundt.  Especially
> there is one app that has much fewer installs, much lower rated and
> much newer than mine has now overtaken me.   There is no other
> explanation that the ranking systems sees my app as not getting any
> active users and lowers the ranking.  Perhaphs there is a secret sauce
> formula based on the color of the icon or something, but I don't
> beleive it -- the simplest explanation (which is usually right) is
> that the lowered install% + having no new users (as far as the Market
> is concerned) effecting the rating.
>
> On Jun 29, 8:06 am, Nathan <critter...@crittermap.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Jun 28, 4:23 pm, Zsolt Vasvari <zvasv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I don't believe this happens to everybody.  Everybody who's
> > > complaining about this is also saying that their ranking had dropped.
> > > I haven't seen a single person said that their ranking had gone up
> > > while there install % is stuck.
>
> > The key word being "complaining". If ranking had improved, they
> > wouldn't be complaining.
>
> > Even if the stuck stats are hitting everyone, they could certainly
> > affect ranking in different ways, based on all the other secret
> > factors.
>
> > I'll bite. My install percentage is probably down about 7%. As for
> > ranking, well, are you assuming that the ranking you see is exactly
> > what users see? Because it ain't. My rank in category this month has
> > fluctuated between  six different positions, and my rank in category
> > for the last week has also fluctuated between those same six
> > positions. No real change.
>
> > If I had up to the minute accurate active install count, I can't
> > figure out how I would run my business differently. (Not that isn't
> > silly that Google can't get it right.)
>
> > Nathan- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment