Saturday, June 11, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Updating to ADT 11

Man, I wish I hadn't missed this post. As I was uninstalling
everything (and almost done), that thought crossed my mind. How did I
miss this post??

Mark :)

On Jun 8, 2:56 pm, Deepu <djuges...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had the same issue.  Run eclipse as administrator, uninstall then
> reinstall.  Worked for me.
>
> On Jun 7, 8:26 pm, mlybrand <mlybr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > It doesn't matter.  None of the four allow me to uninstall:
>
> > DDMS
> > ADT
> > Hierarchy
> > Traceview
>
> > It doesn't appear to matter what order or combination I attempt to do
> > it in.  The option continues to be gray and unavailable.
>
> > I'm not going to have uninstall Eclipse, am I?  That would suck...
>
> > Mark
>
> > On Jun 7, 2:49 pm, Xavier Ducrohet <x...@android.com> wrote:
>
> > > Are you trying to only install/uninstall DDMS?
>
> > > I can see a case where you can't uninstall DDMS because ADT depends on
> > > it (they are 2 separate plug-ins, ADT requiring DDMS).
>
> > > Make sure you select at least ADT and DDMS when you install (or uninstall).
>
> > > On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:43 PM, mlybrand <mlybr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > Tried uninstalling through eclipse, but the option was grayed out and
> > > > inaccessible (as stated in my original post). Will I need to do this
> > > > from the control panel (I am on Windows Vista <shudder>)? Does anyone
> > > > know if that will even work, or will I leave vestiges in eclipse that
> > > > will get me know closer to my objective?  I would look a little closer
> > > > myself, but I am away from the machine I do android dev (er..
> > > > learning) on...
>
> > > > Mark :)
>
> > > > On Jun 7, 12:06 pm, Xavier Ducrohet <x...@android.com> wrote:
> > > >> I'm not sure what's going on. You could try to uninstall the previous
> > > >> android plug-ins and install the new ones.
>
> > > >> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 6:17 AM, mlybrand <mlybr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > >> > They all seem to be related to DDMS at this point:
>
> > > >> > Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.
> > > >> >  Software being installed: Android DDMS 11.0.0.v201105251008-128486
> > > >> > (com.android.ide.eclipse.ddms.feature.group
> > > >> > 11.0.0.v201105251008-128486)
> > > >> >  Software currently installed: Shared profile 1.0.0.1304396274587
> > > >> > (SharedProfile_epp.package.java 1.0.0.1304396274587)
> > > >> >  Only one of the following can be installed at once:
> > > >> >    Android DDMS 10.0.1.v201103111512-110841
> > > >> > (com.android.ide.eclipse.ddms.feature.jar 10.0.1.v201103111512-110841)
> > > >> >    Android DDMS 11.0.0.v201105251008-128486
> > > >> > (com.android.ide.eclipse.ddms.feature.jar 11.0.0.v201105251008-128486)
> > > >> >  Cannot satisfy dependency:
> > > >> >    From: Shared profile 1.0.0.1304396274587
> > > >> > (SharedProfile_epp.package.java 1.0.0.1304396274587)
> > > >> >    To: com.android.ide.eclipse.ddms.feature.jar
> > > >> > [10.0.1.v201103111512-110841]
> > > >> >  Cannot satisfy dependency:
> > > >> >    From: Android DDMS 11.0.0.v201105251008-128486
> > > >> > (com.android.ide.eclipse.ddms.feature.group
> > > >> > 11.0.0.v201105251008-128486)
> > > >> >    To: com.android.ide.eclipse.ddms.feature.jar
> > > >> > [11.0.0.v201105251008-128486]
>
> > > >> > Mark :)
>
> > > >> > On Jun 7, 12:31 am, Xavier Ducrohet <x...@android.com> wrote:
> > > >> >> what exact errors do you see?
>
> > > >> >> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 12:05 AM, mlybrand <mlybr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > >> >> > So, I can't update as Eclipse is telling me there are conflicts. The
> > > >> >> > android site advises me to remove ADT and reinstall, but all options
> > > >> >> > to do so are grayed out and unavailable to me. Has anyone else
> > > >> >> > encountered this difficulty? Any advice as to the steps I should take
> > > >> >> > to update my ADT plugins?
>
> > > >> >> > Thanks.
>
> > > >> >> > Mark
>
> > > >> >> > --
> > > >> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > >> >> > Groups "Android Developers" group.
> > > >> >> > To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
> > > >> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > >> >> > android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > > >> >> > For more options, visit this group at
> > > >> >> >http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
>
> > > >> >> --
> > > >> >> Xavier Ducrohet
> > > >> >> Android SDK Tech Lead
> > > >> >> Google Inc.http://developer.android.com|http://tools.android.com
>
> > > >> >> Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!
>
> > > >> > --
> > > >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > >> > Groups "Android Developers" group.
> > > >> > To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
> > > >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > >> > android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > > >> > For more options, visit this group at
> > > >> >http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
>
> > > >> --
> > > >> Xavier Ducrohet
> > > >> Android SDK Tech Lead
> > > >> Google Inc.http://developer.android.com|http://tools.android.com
>
> > > >> Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!
>
> > > > --
> > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > > > Groups "Android Developers" group.
> > > > To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
> > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > > android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > >http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
>
> > > --
> > > Xavier Ducrohet
> > > Android SDK Tech Lead
> > > Google Inc.http://developer.android.com|http://tools.android.com
>
> > > Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment