Thursday, June 9, 2011

[android-developers] Signing application with multiple certificates

Dear Android community,

I'm having a big problem with the application certificates and I
haven't found any official info regarding the possibility of signing
an application with more than one certificate. I have an application
with package name "com.example.myapp" signed with certificate A and
the same app with the same package name but signed with certificate B.
The application signed with A comes preinstalled in device X and the
app signed with B comes preinstalled in device Y.

Now I need to publish a the app in the Market with the next version.
How can I publish this update so I don't leave any of my users
hanging. If i sign the update with certificate A, only users with the
device X will be able to install the update and the same thing with
certificate B and device Y.

I saw some posts from other developers in different forums and groups
saying that it's possible to sign an apk with two certificates. When I
try this I get the worst result possible, device X nor device Y can
install the update.

Another thing, is it possible to do some kind of device
differentiation in the Market so users with device X can download one
app and the users with device Y the other?

Thank you all in advance. I hope you can help me with this issue.

Cheers,
Jalal

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment