Tuesday, June 28, 2011

[android-developers] Using android surface to display video

Hi all,

I want to display a rendered video using android surface. Here is what
i am doing,

* I am creating a surfaceView object and setting it to activity
display.
* Then registering a callback to it and once the surface is created,
i'l get the surface and set it to a field of activity class.
* I'l then call a native function, which will access the java surface
object and then get the native surface ptr from it.
* The surface ptr will be stored as an integer in the surface object.
I'l then typecast it a surface*, this is also working.
* I am then calling its isValid() function which is returning true.

But then if I try calling surface.lock(&surfaceInfo), the execution is
stopping or I could say it is crashing.

I tried an alternative way where I got Isuraface ptr from surface ptr
and then tried registering buffer to it. But even in this case when I
call register, the program is crashing as said earlier.

Kindly someone help in usage of the surface. At-least let me know
whether this is right approach or not.

Regards
Sandeep Patil

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment