Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Re: [android-developers] Is there any way to run small bits of code from a console to check simple results?

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Spooky <spooky130u@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, maybe that didn't make sense....  What I'm looking for, *IF* it
> exists for Android/Java, is
> some way to open up, say, a console,  load the code, and check the
> value returned by some
> line in the code without having to use the AVD (which doesn't work on
> my system) or build,
> install on my phone, and view that way?  In other words, if I only
> want to check one tiny
> part of the code (e.g., to see if the value I was expecting to be
> returned was, in fact, what
> WAS returned by [whatever]).    OR, to run a simple command with test
> values and see if I
> get the result I expected (if not, it probably means I mis-read the
> examples in the reference
> page for whatever I was looking at).
>

It seems like what you need is a unit test. The default Android testing
framework only runs on a device (or emulator), but you can use
Roboelectric to test most things in your IDE. No device/emulator
involved, fast and easy.

http://pivotal.github.com/robolectric/

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment