Monday, August 1, 2011

[android-developers] Avoiding FAILED BINDER TRANSACTION error when updating lots of widget bitmaps

Hi Folks,

I am coming across an error when I am updating my RemoteViews in my
AppWidget.

!!! FAILED BINDER TRANSACTION !!!

This is caused because all the changes to the RemoteViews are
serialised (e.g. setInt and setImageViewBitmap ). The bitmaps are also
serialised into an internal bundle. Unfortunately this bundle has a
very small size limit.

I cannot use setImageResource as I am hoping to allow the user to
download skins for the widget.

Can anyone recommend a workaround for this problem? I am already using
a "new" RemoteViews object for each instance of the widget, but a
single instance contains too many updates.

All the best,
Ash

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment