Wednesday, August 24, 2011

[android-developers] How can I best identify my App?

Identification of my apps is proving difficult across developer page,
buyers market pages, eclipse project name, phone app name, apk name.

1) My developer page does not give package names and is non-
searchable. I have many apps.
2) The app name string for the phone and app name in buyers market can
be different.
3) The eclipse project name can be different from all the other names.
Also many versions all needing names.
4) The buyers name in market does not always retrieve the right app
form the buyers app name.
5) The version name only allows 30 chars - too small to store my
package names
6) The apk name is just another name for me to cope with...

Use the package name? No...If I know the package name it does not help
finding the app on my developers page because the developer page does
not name the package anywhere AFAIK.

So I cannot think up a good naming method.

Anyone got a full-proof way of identifying apps. There may be a simple
way, but I cannot see it.... arrrgghhhh.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment