Monday, August 22, 2011

[android-developers] how to make drop down (spinner) not show anything by default

Hello,

How do I make a spinner not show anything by default when it is first shown on screen? The spinner as it is in the API shows up with the first item selected. I want it to show a label (such as the prompt). Then, when I touch it, I want that label/prompt to disappear and the drop down menu items show up. Is there a method to call to achieve this? Do I have to write up a custom spinner for this?

Thanks people!!!

Sachin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment