Thursday, August 25, 2011

[android-developers] OpenGL ES 2.0 Texture Atlas example

I am trying to learn OpenGL ES 2.0 by creating a fairly simple app.  At this point it is nothing more than a square on the middle of the screen that I am able to apply a texture to.  The next step for my idea is to be able to apply multiple textures to that square, and I want to create the entire thing as efficiently as possible, so I would like to get these textures from a texture atlas.  The problem here is that I cannot find any examples that do something similar to study, so it's quite difficult for a beginner like myself to figure out what I have to do.

I am able to get the texture for the square from anywhere in an image without a problem, the issue for me is that I am not sure how to create more textures from that one image and apply all of them to a single object in a specific order.  I have searched around quite a bit, and posted in two different places, but I haven't been able to get any solid answers yet.  Any help is appreciated.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment