Thursday, August 18, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Android Debug Bridge hack

I think you can't. And if you finally get this, then there must be
some security hole and google would fix it immediately they know it.
And your app would broken by then,

On Aug 17, 8:38 pm, Carl Lee <ljbha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/system/core.git;a=tree;f=ad...
>
> I was reading these source code from android git, because I want to
> use a feature of Android Debug Bridge - screenshot.
> Most screenshot apps on market needs Root permission, which I don't
> like very much.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/android-screenshot-library/
> After some googlings and researches, I found this small library that
> allows me to take screenshot without root permission.
> But at last I found out it needs user to install Android SDK, and
> install a native program onto device using adb tool from a computer.
> This is what I wanted, neither.
> So after reading this library's code I found out what it does is
> really simple, read from "/dev/graphics/fb0" and decode it.
> The key of this library is to have the "shell" user permission.
>
> After reading some of the code and docs on Android Debug Bridge's git,
> I found it is possible to communicate with the adbd (which runs on the
> device when "Application->Development->USB debug" is selected) through
> a socket interface.
> I tried it on a emulator and it works!!
> Unfortunately, most devices don't have that socket open. Instead, most
> devices listens on USB device instead of socket.
> Since I am some kind of a "C" noob, I am wondering if I am still able
> to communicate with the adbd daemon from a process that only has
> normal Android application permission and take a screenshot through
> that interface?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment