Friday, August 5, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Android source line numbers in stack trace

The source code in the Sources plugin from code.google.com/p/adt-
addons/
contains Android 2.3.4 source
API level 10 is corresponding to Android 2.3.3/2.3.4 (http://
developer.android.com/intl/fr/guide/appendix/api-levels.html) and I
have used newer version to build source.

Regards,
Peco

On Aug 3, 10:20 pm, Caleb9 <peter.karasin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm an Android noob, so sorry if this kind of question has already
> been asked million times before, but searching both here and elsewhere
> I couldn't find an answer to my problem.
> It seems to me that my stack trace in Eclipse, while debugging, is
> showing wrong line numbers for Android classes. As an example, the
> stack trace shows "Button(View).performClick() line: 2364", but line
> 2364 of View.java is within initializeScrollbars(TypedArray a) method,
> not performClick(). I've binded the jar file as described onhttp://source.android.com/, then I also tried the adt-addons source
> plugin from code.google.com/p/adt-addons/, with the same result. The
> plugin didn't automatically bind the source .zip files - I had to
> manually add ~/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.6.1_272132065/plugins/
> com.android.ide.eclipse.source_11.0.0.201106122256/10/sources.zip, and
> I tried debugging with Android  2.1 (for which I initially aimed), as
> well as 2.3.3 (which, as far as I understood, corresponds to "10" in
> the plugin's subdirectory path) but the line numbers seem to be always
> wrong...
> Can someone please give me some hints on what am I doing wrong or
> maybe what did I misunderstand about this?
> Thanks in advance.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment