Saturday, August 13, 2011

[android-developers] Re: connecting to the device using network

You should connect your Android and Ubuntu to one network.
such as 192.168.1.100 for Android, 192.168.101 for Ubuntu.

Then follow these steps:
1. connect your Android devices to Ubuntu with a USB cable
2. make sure your Android is shown with command "adb devices"
3. type command "adb tcpip 5555",
4. type command "adb connect 192.168.1.100:5555"
5. check it again with "adb devices"

enjoy it now.


On Aug 13, 10:20 pm, PPCS <mailtored...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a newbie and I am trying to connect a device to the host
> (ubuntu). I am not able to connect to the android device:
>
> On the android device I ran netstat -n and I see someone listening on
> port 5037.
>
> But, when I try to connect from host using adb after I have done adb
> start-server, I am not getting the device displayed.
>
> Could you please let me know if I am doing anything wrong?
>
> + ppcs

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment