Wednesday, August 10, 2011

[android-developers] Re: "Just in" section

On Aug 10, 1:42 am, Peter Webb <r.peter.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The most obvious thing to do is reduce the number of new apps by not
> allowing crap to be uploaded.
>
I'm in agreement in principle here, though I'm not from Google so
that


> Ohh, and BTW, some talk here about the significance of the app name. I
> can report that on the day I changed the name of my free LWP to a name
> which I thought was slightly better (and did nothing else), downloads
> went from 200/day to 600/day and stayed there. Something this trivial
> shouldn't make this much difference.
>

Here you've lost me. Would you rather go back to 200/day? Shouldn't
you be rewarded for your marketing genius in choosing that better
title?

The same thing could happen if you changed the title of a web page.

Better titles can cause people to download more readily. Better titles
can match the words that people are searching for. Neither of these
are the Market's fault.

Or did you mean that the title is overweighted in keyword search in
recent months? Because I am with you there. I've lost a huge amount of
traffic from search in the last month, and would like to be able to
appear for relevant search terms without changing the title (not
practical for me).

Nathan


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment