Friday, August 26, 2011

[android-developers] Re: New (?) market bug: most free games are GONE

You don't have to look only on the Android Market from Google. You can
also look at Getjar.com or slideme.org. Both have lots of free games,
without the shenanigans Google has been imposing on us.

The biggest 'problem' with these other two sites is that their
installers do not come pre-iinstalled on the phone like Google's. But
ironically enough, you can find the getjar installer on Google's
Android Market!

On Aug 25, 8:29 am, Jim Graham <spooky1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:23:02PM +0800, Christopher Van Kirk wrote:
> > I would point out that it's not just the free games that suffer from
> > this, all apps appear to be similarly limited.
>
> Of that I am certain.  I only mentioned free games because I'm looking
> for a bunch of new ones to keep me occupied while I'm back in the cancer
> care center at the hospital (as, I'm depressed to have to say, a patient).
> My laptop is no longer portable (monitor dead, needs an external
> monitor), I can't afford a tablet, so it's my Motorola Bravo (MB520)
> phone or nothing.
>
> Later,
>    --jim
>
> --
> 73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | "This 'telephone' has too many
> spooky1...@gmail.com    | shortcomings to be seriously considered
> < Running FreeBSD 7.0 > | as a means of communication.  The device
> ICBM / Hurricane:       | is inherently of no value to us."
>    30.44406N 86.59909W  | (Western Union internal memo, 1876)
>
> Android Apps Listing athttp://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment