Tuesday, August 23, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Simulate GPS Failure

I'm not sure about the type of failure, because it does not happen in
my code - it happens in the advertiser's code, and some of my users
are getting a dialog telling them that 'GPS is failing.' My code
fails gracefully on location problems :)

If I can repro it, then I can determine which advertiser it is, and
contact them. That is a serious bug.

I'll try the metal building trick. Maybe a parking garage.

On Aug 23, 4:26 pm, Nathan <critter...@crittermap.com> wrote:
> On Aug 23, 3:08 pm, burton miller <burton.mil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have an app that uses ads for revenue.  And one of my ad vendors is
> > putting up a show-stopper dialog when GPS is on, but fails.  I can't
> > tell which one it is.
>
> > How do you simulate GPS failure (while enabled)?  Any ideas?
>
> What type of failure? Failure to receive a position update?
> Real GPS or network location?
>
> If real GPS, try it inside a building with a metal roof, like a mall.
>
> You could also do a mock location provider.
>
> Nathan

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment