Monday, August 15, 2011

[android-developers] Retrieving spinner data without triggering listener's call back method

Hi
I need to show two spinners in the UI , where a selection in the
first spinner triggers(using OnItemSelectedListener) a download and
populates the second spinner. When my activity pauses, I save the data
and the selections of the spinner.
In onResume() method, I check for saved data. If saved data
exists, I am trying to populate the data of both the spinners. But,
because of the selection in the first spinner, it is triggering a new
download of data to be populated in the second spinner.
I don't want to download the new data, as I already have the data
downloaded in the previous instance before the activity is paused. I
see that there is no method for Android to remove the listener. Any
suggestions?

Note: I mentioned two spinners for simplicity. I need to use up to
five spinners this way.

Thanks,
Venkata Raidu

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment