Tuesday, August 9, 2011

[android-developers] Using a coordinate system in OpenGL

I have tried to search for this but because of some of the generic
terms I've been coming up blank.

In many of the OpenGL tutorials I have seen they all show you how to
draw something in the middle of the screen but they never tell you
what the coordinates mean. I'm writing an app the is using a
surfaceview/onDraw() system and I want to know if there is anyway to
carry over my X/Y values into OpenGL.

Also at that rate (and I know this is probably a very dumb question)
what does the "f" denote when at the end of a number? Most OpenGL
coords are 2.0f or similiar and I don't know what that means. Please
assist.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment