Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Re: [android-developers] Re: "Just in" section

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 06:21:50PM -0400, Mark Murphy wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Jim Graham <spooky130u@gmail.com> wrote:

> > [2] Not that it matters, but 153+ (the test only went to 153)...took a
> > ? ?sample Mensa test, but was bored by it and didn't pursue it any
> > ? ?further. ?I'm not an idiot, though I'm some here may think I am,
> > ? ?based on my beginner-level questions (but then, I AM a beginner
> > ? ?here). ?:-)
>
> I most certainly am not accusing you of being stupid.

Don't worry, I knew that. Our prior chats via off-list e-mail were
enough to keep me from thinking that, even if I had mis-interpreted what
you wrote. I was just saying that, based on my beginner-level posts,
and (though I didn't write this) the odd really stupid question every
now and then, some people here MIGHT think that. But then, it's at
least as possible that everyone here recognizes beginners like me, and
is forgiving of the stupid (but definitely not "Give me the code!")
questions. :-)

I do, however, get concerned about the "Just In" section being gone,
because that's where *I* go to find new apps, and I therefore assume
that others do as well. Bad assumption? Maybe. Maybe not. I can
only speak for myself on this one. So if that assumption is true,
I am still losing a good chunk of potential buyers. I have never
seen any advertising for apps outside of the market (except for that
one commercial about some Android phone, where the guy constantly
says, "So we can all go back to playing Angry Birds" ... and I did
download the ones I found after seeing that a few times, and decided
to see if there really was such a game). I've found all (except
Angry Birds and Appmonger, which was recommended here) of the apps I
use by scrolling through listings in the market. That's my main
cause for concern about that. I probably should have mentioned that
a long time ago...might have made things a lot clearer! :-)

Later,
--jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4) MiSTie #49997 < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
spooky130u@gmail.com ICBM/Hurricane: 30.44406N 86.59909W

Do not look into laser with remaining eye!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment