Saturday, August 6, 2011

Re: [android-developers] Still confused about Google Checkout

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 11:39:43PM -0700, String wrote:
> There's a setting in AppMonger to "Include Uncharged Orders", IIRC it's off
> by default. If you don't turn that on, you won't see orders until they're
> charged.

That was checked (and still is). I heard my very unique (not associated
with ANY other app, and created just for AppMonger) notification sound go
off at 0500 (+/-) this morning, and when it still didn't display any
data, I contacted the author, who was very helpful. Turns out that the
default display has some limits---it won't display until there are a
certain number (how many?) data points.

He pointed me to the Show All Orders and the setting to show all times
(i.e., don't limit based on the date---show everything). He also pointed
out (as did the FAQ, which I read prior to sending the e-mail) that, while
rare, sometimes there are delays. This one just happened to be more than
the norm for this rare delay.

> There's also and Order List view; it's at the bottom of the list of charts
> (the dropdown with Revenue by Hour, Orders by Day, etc). It'll show you all
> the orders that AppMonger has imported.

Yep, that's the one the author pointed me to. :-)

> Having said all that, I think Appmonger has a problem this morning. As I
> write this, my copy is lagging 5 hours behind in order imports,
> which I've never seen happen before. Perhaps Google changed something
> about their data feed recently?

My first order came in at 2100L, and it didn't sound off via AppMonger
until 0500L. That's a full 8 hour delay. So yeah, something was wrong.
But from what I've gathered, it's on the Google side (not getting the
CSV files produced promptly, or something like that).

> At any rate, the Appmonger dev is pretty responsive, so I'm
> sure that whatever the problem is, he'll be on it.

He got back to me within a few minutes. I'd say that's about as
responsive as any sane person could ever hope for. :-)

Thanks,
--jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4) | |\ _,,,---,,_
< Running FreeBSD 7.0 > | ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_
spooky130u@gmail.com | |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
ICBM/Hurr.: 30.44406N 86.59909W | '---''(_/--' `-'\_)
|
| "Kitty!" --Crow T. Robot (MST3k)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment