Saturday, September 3, 2011

[android-developers] Bluetooth issue

I am trying to build an app that receives data from a device that
sends out information via a dongle attached to an RS232 port over
Bluetooth.

I can pair to the device and others like a Garmin Nuvi just fine, but
I cannot see the data. For example, when I type in the phone number on
the Garmin and then transmit it, I expected to see this show up over
the BluetoothSocket.getInputStream() but it does not, yet it DOES dial
out on the phone just like it should so the data is getting from the
Nuvi to the Android device just fine!

The same thing for the RS232 device I have. I can pair with it too but
when it transmits data via a dongle attached to an RS232 port, which I
have seen show up on a PC application called RealTerm, nothing gets to
the getInputStream.

I have tried various Bluetooth sample apps for Android that supposedly
work so I don't think it's the code.

So, what needs to be done to capture data like that coming from either
the Garmin or the device using the RS232 port in Android?

Thanks!


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment