Thursday, September 1, 2011

[android-developers] Card emulation in Nexus s without using Secure Element

I am working in NFC trying to emulate a card using Nexus S in android
gingerbread. I've read that gingerbread does not provide the api to do
so and also the permissions in the kernel are hidden. There is a work
around present by tweaking with the source.
My question is - can I emulate the card by not using the secure
element? I mean is it possible to run an application which emulates an
ISO14443-B card, when the application is not stored in the secure
element? Is it possible to do this only with the help of PN544 chip
available in the nexus s?
Can I do something like providing the track data for card emulation on
the fly and not at all use the secure element anywhere?

Another thing I want to ask is - once I play around with the source,
even then is it possible to emulate ISO1443-B card. Because I've found
people emulated Mifare cards only.

thanks for any help

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment