Monday, September 5, 2011

[android-developers] Enter Sender's number

Hi guys!

I am currenty an app which sends sms.

on my samsung galaxy S, the method sendTextMessage(...) throws a
NullPointerException.

via the default sms app, When I hit on send button of compose UI, The
dialog appears and say like "Enter sender's number", then I put my
number in the "From" input.
finally I click the send button it sends successfully?

I donno know what is behind of the mentioned above.

On other devices such HTC sensation, Google IDEOS by Huawei. My app
runs properly and the default sms app sends every sms without any
confimation and prompts.

I googled, some tells "Put your sim into Sony Erricson w810 or old
Nokia. Then change the sender number.
after that put back the sim into Galaxy then It will run properly".

When the my app is delivered to the users who have Samsung galaxy
serias smart phones. It would be really sad and create huge amount of
critism.

Is there any solution to solve that programatically?

Any reply would be highly appricieted

Thanks in advance.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment