Thursday, September 8, 2011

[android-developers] error compiling .aidl file

Hi,

I have a very simple .aidl file that I am getting error compiling.

Here is my IPresence.aidl:

package com.sample.presence;

import com.sample.presence.StatusMessage;

interface IPresence {
int setStatusMessage(in String msg);
}

I also have StatusMessage.aidl in the package defined as:

package com.sample.presence;

parcelable StatusMessage;

Also StatusMessage.java that defines CREATOR and other methods,

When I compile this IPresence.aidl, I am getting the following error:

sh-3.2$ aidl -I. IPresence.aidl
IPresence.aidl:1: syntax error
IPresence.aidl:1: syntax error don't know what to do with "import"
IPresence.aidl:1: syntax error don't know what to do with "import"
IPresence.aidl:1: syntax error don't know what to do with
"com.sample.presence.StatusMessage"
IPresence.aidl:1: syntax error don't know what to do with ";"
sh-3.2$


I did google on these error but could not find any help. I have
another .aidl in another package and that also has imports but that is
compiling fine. Any help?

thanks
Chetan

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment