Sunday, September 18, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Call to System.loadLibrary() causes process to die

I went ahead and statically linked all the SDL_ libs so that I only
have libsmw_jni.so library but the problem remains the same. I am
back to square one as to how to track down why loading this library
causes the process to immediately die without any error messages.

I've narrowed it down to the call to nativeLoad(filename, loader)
insider Runtime.java. At this point I'm thinking I may need to build
Android from source and run an emulator with nativeLoad() modified to
spit out some extra messages so I can see where it is getting to and
where it dies.


On Sep 18, 2:37 pm, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> Why are you building the SDL stuff as shared libraries instead of just
> statically linking them into your main .so?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 10:21 AM, clark <clarkd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 've decided to take on porting a game, that uses SDL libraries and
> > makes heavy use of C++ and the STL, over to Android. I've been
> > successful in getting all the required libraries compiled as well as
> > all the source files for the game. My problem is that when I call
> > System.loadLibrary() to load the .so for the game, the app immediately
> > crashes with "Process org.libsdl.app (pid 3569) has died."
>
> > Here is the section of code where I load all the needed libraries and
> > the game as a shared library.
>
> >    static {
> >       // Load the required libraries for the game
> >       System.loadLibrary("SDL");
> >       System.loadLibrary("SDL_image");
> >       System.loadLibrary("SDL_mixer");
> >       System.loadLibrary("SDL_net");
> >       // load the game as a shared library
> >       System.loadLibrary("smw_jni"); // << process dies when this is
> > called
> >    }
> > libswm_jni.so was compiled with the Android NDK and in the
> > Applicaion.mk file I specified
>
> > APP_STL := gnustl_static
> > Since it crashes immediately after System.loadLibrary("smw_jni") with
> > no meaningful error messages, I am at a loss as to how to go about
> > getting to the root cause.
>
> > I've worked on porting another game which was just plain old C code,
> > which worked out, so I am not sure if there is an issue with the fact
> > that this particular game is heavy on the C++ side.
>
> > Thanks in advance for any help with this headache of mine!
> > -clark-
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > Groups "Android Developers" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
>
> --
> Dianne Hackborn
> Android framework engineer
> hack...@android.com
>
> Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to
> provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such
> questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and
> answer them.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment