Sunday, September 11, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Hide Phone Number in the Dialer

Have you tried supplying your own account manager implementation,
adding a contact with the display name "My Special Number" and then
sending your dialer Intent?

Since you cannot override (afaik) the dialer from appspace that'd
pretty much be the only way of doing it.

On 11 Sep, 01:44, mwllace <wallace.d.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Im using  and intent to invoke the default dialer and automatically
> call  phone number stored in my application. Everything works fine,
> but the number is visible in the default dialer UI. I need to display
> something else in place of the number like "My Special Number". The
> behavior would be much like when a user dials a number already stored
> in contacts, where the name of the person is visible and not the
> underying phone number.
>
> I am able to update the call logs so they read "My Special Number"
> when my app dials this number, but this is only after the phone is
> hung up.
>
> This is the way I update the Call Log:
>
> values.put(CallLog.Calls.CACHED_NAME, "My Special Number");
>
> Is there a similar method for writing to the default dialer when the
> call is initiated?
>
> Thanks for any pointers you can provide!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment