Friday, September 9, 2011

[android-developers] Re: How reliable is Google Marketplace Device Compatibility Report?

This is what I am using now to have a my single APK support tablets
and smartphones on-the-fly. I use if from my start activity, which
decides which activity to use (my app differences are more than just
layout).


public boolean isTablet()
{
if (Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >=
Build.VERSION_CODES.HONEYCOMB_MR2)
{
return
(getResources().getConfiguration().smallestScreenWidthDp >= 600);
}

return (getResources().getConfiguration().screenLayout &
Configuration.SCREENLAYOUT_SIZE_MASK) >=
Configuration.SCREENLAYOUT_SIZE_XLARGE;
}

This seems to work very well for me.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment